Now that it’s officially a new season, it’s time to revamp your hair & before your next appointment, it’s important to be prepared with questions so that you make the most out of your salon visit. We have expert tips on what to ask & you have to find out what they are!
Hey all, so I decided to write this article because I feel like mental health is just as important as physical health and it is over looked or looked down upon often. I have recently came out of a long period of depressive thoughts and not thinking positive. So I thought I’d share some tips that I remind myself every time I’m feeling down or just thinking negative thoughts.
- Your Goals and Aspirations
- We all have some kind of goal in mind whether is be short term or something in the far future. Remind yourself why you’re getting up early each morning to go to school and taking countless classes. Remind yourself why you didn’t splurge on that new purse you saw in the mall or that new car you have been eyeing. It is cause we all have something we are ultimately trying to reach. For me as a college student, one of my goals consist of graduating with good grades, and figuring out what I’m going to do after college. So I always remind myself of my future and the things I want to do both short and long term, to help keep me afloat.
- Your Family and Friends
- We all have people that we hold closely to our hearts and that we love dearly. Once in awhile when we are feeling upset or just can’t seem be to happy, reach out to someone that you trust, just to vent and talk about your feelings. Talking aloud about what you’re feeling has always helped me feel better. Plus it is always a good reminder to know that the people around you care about you and will always support you even in hard times.
- Qualities about yourself
- Everyone has their flaw and faults, and at times that’s all we can see or think about, and we don’t give much thought to what makes us unique and special. Think of compliments others have given you, such as did you get an A on that philosophy paper? Or did you receive a bonus at work recently because you have been working extra hard? Sometimes others can see our qualities better then we can. So it helps a lot either sit down and think about our qualities and the special things that others see in us, or even write everything down, so that you can come back to it and remind yourself of all of these positive things.
- This has helped me numerous times take my mind off of something that was making me upset or drown out the negative thoughts. Find something that you really love doing simply for the passion of it. Trust me it’ll help you feel better because you are spending time doing something you love and you’re not thinking so much about whatever is putting you in a sad mood. For me, some of the things I love doing is blogging (of course), playing soccer, listening to music, and sometimes sketching. In addition if you don’t have a hobbie or you want to try something new, this is a great excuse to find something new. Try a new sport, go to yoga, or even try an art class!
- Write it all down
- Even if you don’t like writing or don’t see yourself as a good writer, it doesn’t matter. Being able to vent to yourself and go though all of your thoughts help you think more clearly and deeply about what has you down and solutions to making things better. As well as it helps you discover and learn about yourself. So I would suggest buying a journal or if not, if you having a few sheets of paper lying around, use that to write down your thoughts. Of course you wouldn’t need to show your writing to anyone, but yourself. You’re own personal journal that you can go back to anytime, and even to toss those bad thoughts away. Its up to you.
I want to thank you for reading and hope that some of my tips are of some use to you 🙂
Hey my lovelies! So I’ve decided to add a new section to my blog thats going to focus on interior design inspiration, just because its fun to look at and be inspired by! We are always moving from house to house or apartment to apartment, and wanting to try something new and different is always refreshing and exciting. So every week I am going to try and feature some aspect of housing, both apartments and homes, if you like this idea please let me know what you think and enjoy!
Today Ive decided to focus on Bathrooms, and if you like some of the images featured, the original links have been provided if you like to find out more! Hope you enjoy 😉
Hope you enjoyed! xoxo Faraji
Hey Guys and Gals! Sorry its been so long! Ive been having a bad writer’s block period. But I thought I would share with you some palettes that I think would be great for this new warm weather! Most of the palettes I choose consisted of coral and pink colors, as well as some light browns and plums. Which I think are great colors for transiting from winter to spring. If you’ve used any of the palettes below let me know what you think!
Tarte- Rainforest of the Sea $42.00 Kiss & Blush Cream Eye and Lip palette
Too Faced- Sweet Peach Glow Cheek Palette $42.00
Urban Decay-After Dark $49.00 Eye Palette
Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette- Tarte $53.00 Eye Palette
Makeup Forever- Artist Palette Volume 4 $44.00 Eye Palette
Marc Jacobs Object of Desire $49.00 Face and Eye Palette
Thank you so much for reading, theres some new surprises coming soon 😉
Until next time! xoxo Faraji
Hey my awesome readers, I how you’re having a great weekend. So todays entry is all about make up, and some of my top favorite palettes that I can’t be without. These are all cruelty free options from brands I adore! I am a huge fan of a palette and sometimes have to hold myself […]
Today I’m going to be talking about makeup that I bought because everyone said they were awesome, but they ended up not being so awesome. These are things that got tons of hype when they were released, but I wasn’t too impressed when I actually tried them. (Of course these are all just my personal […]
I debated doing a favourites type post as I haven’t done one for a while and I couldn’t seem to find enough products to makeup up a whole post’s worth, so I thought I’d try something a bit different. I’ve tried to keep things as all things that I’ve yet to review yet (bar one), […]