Each person has there own hectic busy lives, from Moms, Students, Full-time workers, and everyone in between. Most of the times we get so consumed by our schedules that we don’t take time for ourselves to rejuvenate and de-stress. Myself I forget this all too often, being a full time student, working, and trying to do a million other things. More recently I decided to take an evening to myself and simply take a bath and read a book by my favorite author. Which was an amazing reward! I woke up the next morning feeling refresh and rejuvenated just because I took a few hours to tend to myself. So I wanted to talk about how important is it to take care of yourself from time to time.
Baths definitely a great way to relax and reflect on your day. There’s so many varieties of bath bombs nowadays as well as you have epsoms salts that are for different relaxation properties and others. I would also suggest going the extra mile and getting some candles lit around the tub as well as putting on some relaxing music. I find that this is a great way to relax without taking a lot of time from your day.
Maybe try and see if you can fit doing 30 mins of your favorite hobby into your week, this is a great stress release. As well as you will be doing something you enjoy, so you will not only be less stress but as well happier! See if you can try to read your favorite book for 30 mins a week, or go play a sport or anything that you enjoy doing during your free time.
This may not be everyone’s cup of tea but meditation is great for relaxing yourself and grounding yourself after a stressful week. You can meditate in a quiet place of your choice or I like to go to yoga where meditation takes place in the beginning and end of class depending on where you go. Taking about 10-15 mins just to clear your mind, take some deep breaths and think about everything you’ve done and you have to do. For me, I think it’s a great way to organize my thoughts and relax my body!
If you have any tips and tricks you have for relaxing leave them down in the comments! Thanks again for reading, until next time!
Hey guys! Today I have a really fun post to celebrate the Fall season. I’ve put together all of my Autumn essentials that I can’t live without! We’re talking everything from skincare, to coffee, to nails. Let’s get started! Fall Manicure– How could I not include nails in this post?! Fall shades have to be […]
via My Fall Essentials! — Polished by Amy
Hi guys! I feel like I’ve been away forever but I’m back! I have a ton of new products that I can’t wait to review for you. Today I’m going to talk about Morphe. Morphe is undoubtedly one of the most popular brands right now, because of their affordable eyeshadows and brushes. For the longest […]
via Morphe Copper Spice Palette | Review, Thoughts, Swatches — theFab Avenue
Hey all, so I decided to write this article because I feel like mental health is just as important as physical health and it is over looked or looked down upon often. I have recently came out of a long period of depressive thoughts and not thinking positive. So I thought I’d share some tips that I remind myself every time I’m feeling down or just thinking negative thoughts.
- Your Goals and Aspirations
- We all have some kind of goal in mind whether is be short term or something in the far future. Remind yourself why you’re getting up early each morning to go to school and taking countless classes. Remind yourself why you didn’t splurge on that new purse you saw in the mall or that new car you have been eyeing. It is cause we all have something we are ultimately trying to reach. For me as a college student, one of my goals consist of graduating with good grades, and figuring out what I’m going to do after college. So I always remind myself of my future and the things I want to do both short and long term, to help keep me afloat.
- Your Family and Friends
- We all have people that we hold closely to our hearts and that we love dearly. Once in awhile when we are feeling upset or just can’t seem be to happy, reach out to someone that you trust, just to vent and talk about your feelings. Talking aloud about what you’re feeling has always helped me feel better. Plus it is always a good reminder to know that the people around you care about you and will always support you even in hard times.
- Qualities about yourself
- Everyone has their flaw and faults, and at times that’s all we can see or think about, and we don’t give much thought to what makes us unique and special. Think of compliments others have given you, such as did you get an A on that philosophy paper? Or did you receive a bonus at work recently because you have been working extra hard? Sometimes others can see our qualities better then we can. So it helps a lot either sit down and think about our qualities and the special things that others see in us, or even write everything down, so that you can come back to it and remind yourself of all of these positive things.
- This has helped me numerous times take my mind off of something that was making me upset or drown out the negative thoughts. Find something that you really love doing simply for the passion of it. Trust me it’ll help you feel better because you are spending time doing something you love and you’re not thinking so much about whatever is putting you in a sad mood. For me, some of the things I love doing is blogging (of course), playing soccer, listening to music, and sometimes sketching. In addition if you don’t have a hobbie or you want to try something new, this is a great excuse to find something new. Try a new sport, go to yoga, or even try an art class!
- Write it all down
- Even if you don’t like writing or don’t see yourself as a good writer, it doesn’t matter. Being able to vent to yourself and go though all of your thoughts help you think more clearly and deeply about what has you down and solutions to making things better. As well as it helps you discover and learn about yourself. So I would suggest buying a journal or if not, if you having a few sheets of paper lying around, use that to write down your thoughts. Of course you wouldn’t need to show your writing to anyone, but yourself. You’re own personal journal that you can go back to anytime, and even to toss those bad thoughts away. Its up to you.
I want to thank you for reading and hope that some of my tips are of some use to you 🙂
Hey Guys and Gals! Sorry its been so long! Ive been having a bad writer’s block period. But I thought I would share with you some palettes that I think would be great for this new warm weather! Most of the palettes I choose consisted of coral and pink colors, as well as some light browns and plums. Which I think are great colors for transiting from winter to spring. If you’ve used any of the palettes below let me know what you think!
Tarte- Rainforest of the Sea $42.00 Kiss & Blush Cream Eye and Lip palette
Too Faced- Sweet Peach Glow Cheek Palette $42.00
Urban Decay-After Dark $49.00 Eye Palette
Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette- Tarte $53.00 Eye Palette
Makeup Forever- Artist Palette Volume 4 $44.00 Eye Palette
Marc Jacobs Object of Desire $49.00 Face and Eye Palette
Thank you so much for reading, theres some new surprises coming soon 😉
Until next time! xoxo Faraji
I debated doing a favourites type post as I haven’t done one for a while and I couldn’t seem to find enough products to makeup up a whole post’s worth, so I thought I’d try something a bit different. I’ve tried to keep things as all things that I’ve yet to review yet (bar one), […]
via Three Beauty Products I’m Loving & Three That I’m Not — Helpless Whilst Drying
Stila Eye and Cheek Palette, Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Review
So over the holidays( I know it seems like forever ago) I was looking to get a new palette but something, not crazy expensive and I kinda didn’t want something that had strictly eye shadows, as I have a few eye shadow palettes that I’m still working through. So I came across a palette that stila had which was an eye and cheek palette that comes with 4 eye shadows, a highlight and blush which I thought was perfect!
They have 4 different palettes depending on your skin complexion. The one shown below as my cover image is the palette for medium/tan skin complexions. Other options range from, Fair/light, Light/Medium Medium/ tan, and then Tan/Deep. I absolutely love the packaging which I also include a photo of below. I would def give this a try if you’re looking for a palette as your go to colors on a day to day basis. Honestly the past few weeks, i’d choose one of the colors to use as an all over eyelid color, and put some blush on and I’m good to go. Great palette for beginner I would say also. If you have tried out this palette let me know your thoughts! I included the link at the end of my post if you are interested in seeing the other palette choices.
As always thanks so much for reading, hope you enjoy!
until next time 😉 xoxo Faraji