Now that it’s officially a new season, it’s time to revamp your hair & before your next appointment, it’s important to be prepared with questions so that you make the most out of your salon visit. We have expert tips on what to ask & you have to find out what they are!
Hey all, so I decided to write this article because I feel like mental health is just as important as physical health and it is over looked or looked down upon often. I have recently came out of a long period of depressive thoughts and not thinking positive. So I thought I’d share some tips that I remind myself every time I’m feeling down or just thinking negative thoughts.
- Your Goals and Aspirations
- We all have some kind of goal in mind whether is be short term or something in the far future. Remind yourself why you’re getting up early each morning to go to school and taking countless classes. Remind yourself why you didn’t splurge on that new purse you saw in the mall or that new car you have been eyeing. It is cause we all have something we are ultimately trying to reach. For me as a college student, one of my goals consist of graduating with good grades, and figuring out what I’m going to do after college. So I always remind myself of my future and the things I want to do both short and long term, to help keep me afloat.
- Your Family and Friends
- We all have people that we hold closely to our hearts and that we love dearly. Once in awhile when we are feeling upset or just can’t seem be to happy, reach out to someone that you trust, just to vent and talk about your feelings. Talking aloud about what you’re feeling has always helped me feel better. Plus it is always a good reminder to know that the people around you care about you and will always support you even in hard times.
- Qualities about yourself
- Everyone has their flaw and faults, and at times that’s all we can see or think about, and we don’t give much thought to what makes us unique and special. Think of compliments others have given you, such as did you get an A on that philosophy paper? Or did you receive a bonus at work recently because you have been working extra hard? Sometimes others can see our qualities better then we can. So it helps a lot either sit down and think about our qualities and the special things that others see in us, or even write everything down, so that you can come back to it and remind yourself of all of these positive things.
- This has helped me numerous times take my mind off of something that was making me upset or drown out the negative thoughts. Find something that you really love doing simply for the passion of it. Trust me it’ll help you feel better because you are spending time doing something you love and you’re not thinking so much about whatever is putting you in a sad mood. For me, some of the things I love doing is blogging (of course), playing soccer, listening to music, and sometimes sketching. In addition if you don’t have a hobbie or you want to try something new, this is a great excuse to find something new. Try a new sport, go to yoga, or even try an art class!
- Write it all down
- Even if you don’t like writing or don’t see yourself as a good writer, it doesn’t matter. Being able to vent to yourself and go though all of your thoughts help you think more clearly and deeply about what has you down and solutions to making things better. As well as it helps you discover and learn about yourself. So I would suggest buying a journal or if not, if you having a few sheets of paper lying around, use that to write down your thoughts. Of course you wouldn’t need to show your writing to anyone, but yourself. You’re own personal journal that you can go back to anytime, and even to toss those bad thoughts away. Its up to you.
I want to thank you for reading and hope that some of my tips are of some use to you 🙂
Hey my lovelies! So I’ve decided to add a new section to my blog thats going to focus on interior design inspiration, just because its fun to look at and be inspired by! We are always moving from house to house or apartment to apartment, and wanting to try something new and different is always refreshing and exciting. So every week I am going to try and feature some aspect of housing, both apartments and homes, if you like this idea please let me know what you think and enjoy!
Today Ive decided to focus on Bathrooms, and if you like some of the images featured, the original links have been provided if you like to find out more! Hope you enjoy 😉
Hope you enjoyed! xoxo Faraji
I debated doing a favourites type post as I haven’t done one for a while and I couldn’t seem to find enough products to makeup up a whole post’s worth, so I thought I’d try something a bit different. I’ve tried to keep things as all things that I’ve yet to review yet (bar one), […]
Stila Eye and Cheek Palette, Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Review
So over the holidays( I know it seems like forever ago) I was looking to get a new palette but something, not crazy expensive and I kinda didn’t want something that had strictly eye shadows, as I have a few eye shadow palettes that I’m still working through. So I came across a palette that stila had which was an eye and cheek palette that comes with 4 eye shadows, a highlight and blush which I thought was perfect!
They have 4 different palettes depending on your skin complexion. The one shown below as my cover image is the palette for medium/tan skin complexions. Other options range from, Fair/light, Light/Medium Medium/ tan, and then Tan/Deep. I absolutely love the packaging which I also include a photo of below. I would def give this a try if you’re looking for a palette as your go to colors on a day to day basis. Honestly the past few weeks, i’d choose one of the colors to use as an all over eyelid color, and put some blush on and I’m good to go. Great palette for beginner I would say also. If you have tried out this palette let me know your thoughts! I included the link at the end of my post if you are interested in seeing the other palette choices.
As always thanks so much for reading, hope you enjoy!
until next time 😉 xoxo Faraji
Coffee is one of those skin remedies we must have as women in our homes.. This is a great DIY project to do in the comfort of your own home to tighten up your skin.. I have used it I works wonders for my skin … if your having skin issues or want to get […]
As we approach the colder weather, our lips tend to get chapped a lot more easily. Me for one always have a problem with chapped lips especially in the cold weather. So taking some steps can help keep our lips moistured. One thing is to scrub your lips before applying lip balm. The one I like to use is from lush, and it has lasted for a while now. I have a jar from around April/May and its still not have way empty. So it is a good investment and tasty as they come in different flavors. So what I like to do while doing my makeup and use the lips scrub and wash it off with warm water and it makes them softer after using the scrub. Then Ill go ahead and apply lip balm and continue my makeup routine.
Stay Away From Hot Water
Taking frequent hot showers, or washing your face with hot water often, can take out the essential oils that our skin naturally produces. If this turn out to be then case, then you will always have dry skin, and dry skin and cold water is a uncomfortable. The best way to prevent this in the colder months is to use lukewarm water, stay hydrated, and make sure you moisturizer to keep your skin glowing and hydrated, which of course if always a good foundation before starting your makeup.
In the warmer months we don’t tend to go some much for bolder colors as apposed to the colder months. So smokey eyes are very trendy and if you don’t normally wear darker colors, this would be the perfect time to try it out.
Deep condition more often
Not only do our lips get dry due to the colder weather but our hair gets dry more frequently. So to keep our locks nice and moistured, try attempting to deep condition, once to twice a week depending on your hair type.
Bronzer is everyone’s Best Friend
In the cooler months, everyone loses their summer tan, and to help keep that glow, bronzer is keep, especially those who tend to have a more paler skin tone.
Let me know some of your routine changes when the weather starts getting colder out!