Each person has there own hectic busy lives, from Moms, Students, Full-time workers, and everyone in between. Most of the times we get so consumed by our schedules that we don’t take time for ourselves to rejuvenate and de-stress. Myself I forget this all too often, being a full time student, working, and trying to do a million other things. More recently I decided to take an evening to myself and simply take a bath and read a book by my favorite author. Which was an amazing reward! I woke up the next morning feeling refresh and rejuvenated just because I took a few hours to tend to myself. So I wanted to talk about how important is it to take care of yourself from time to time.
Baths definitely a great way to relax and reflect on your day. There’s so many varieties of bath bombs nowadays as well as you have epsoms salts that are for different relaxation properties and others. I would also suggest going the extra mile and getting some candles lit around the tub as well as putting on some relaxing music. I find that this is a great way to relax without taking a lot of time from your day.
Maybe try and see if you can fit doing 30 mins of your favorite hobby into your week, this is a great stress release. As well as you will be doing something you enjoy, so you will not only be less stress but as well happier! See if you can try to read your favorite book for 30 mins a week, or go play a sport or anything that you enjoy doing during your free time.
This may not be everyone’s cup of tea but meditation is great for relaxing yourself and grounding yourself after a stressful week. You can meditate in a quiet place of your choice or I like to go to yoga where meditation takes place in the beginning and end of class depending on where you go. Taking about 10-15 mins just to clear your mind, take some deep breaths and think about everything you’ve done and you have to do. For me, I think it’s a great way to organize my thoughts and relax my body!
If you have any tips and tricks you have for relaxing leave them down in the comments! Thanks again for reading, until next time!
Now that it’s officially a new season, it’s time to revamp your hair & before your next appointment, it’s important to be prepared with questions so that you make the most out of your salon visit. We have expert tips on what to ask & you have to find out what they are!
via 10 Important Questions You Should Be Asking Your Hairstylist Before Your Salon Appointment — Hollywood Life
Hey all, so I decided to write this article because I feel like mental health is just as important as physical health and it is over looked or looked down upon often. I have recently came out of a long period of depressive thoughts and not thinking positive. So I thought I’d share some tips that I remind myself every time I’m feeling down or just thinking negative thoughts.
- Your Goals and Aspirations
- We all have some kind of goal in mind whether is be short term or something in the far future. Remind yourself why you’re getting up early each morning to go to school and taking countless classes. Remind yourself why you didn’t splurge on that new purse you saw in the mall or that new car you have been eyeing. It is cause we all have something we are ultimately trying to reach. For me as a college student, one of my goals consist of graduating with good grades, and figuring out what I’m going to do after college. So I always remind myself of my future and the things I want to do both short and long term, to help keep me afloat.
- Your Family and Friends
- We all have people that we hold closely to our hearts and that we love dearly. Once in awhile when we are feeling upset or just can’t seem be to happy, reach out to someone that you trust, just to vent and talk about your feelings. Talking aloud about what you’re feeling has always helped me feel better. Plus it is always a good reminder to know that the people around you care about you and will always support you even in hard times.
- Qualities about yourself
- Everyone has their flaw and faults, and at times that’s all we can see or think about, and we don’t give much thought to what makes us unique and special. Think of compliments others have given you, such as did you get an A on that philosophy paper? Or did you receive a bonus at work recently because you have been working extra hard? Sometimes others can see our qualities better then we can. So it helps a lot either sit down and think about our qualities and the special things that others see in us, or even write everything down, so that you can come back to it and remind yourself of all of these positive things.
- This has helped me numerous times take my mind off of something that was making me upset or drown out the negative thoughts. Find something that you really love doing simply for the passion of it. Trust me it’ll help you feel better because you are spending time doing something you love and you’re not thinking so much about whatever is putting you in a sad mood. For me, some of the things I love doing is blogging (of course), playing soccer, listening to music, and sometimes sketching. In addition if you don’t have a hobbie or you want to try something new, this is a great excuse to find something new. Try a new sport, go to yoga, or even try an art class!
- Write it all down
- Even if you don’t like writing or don’t see yourself as a good writer, it doesn’t matter. Being able to vent to yourself and go though all of your thoughts help you think more clearly and deeply about what has you down and solutions to making things better. As well as it helps you discover and learn about yourself. So I would suggest buying a journal or if not, if you having a few sheets of paper lying around, use that to write down your thoughts. Of course you wouldn’t need to show your writing to anyone, but yourself. You’re own personal journal that you can go back to anytime, and even to toss those bad thoughts away. Its up to you.
I want to thank you for reading and hope that some of my tips are of some use to you 🙂
Coffee is one of those skin remedies we must have as women in our homes.. This is a great DIY project to do in the comfort of your own home to tighten up your skin.. I have used it I works wonders for my skin … if your having skin issues or want to get […]
via 6 Beauty benefits of coffee for your skin — The Antoinette Show
As we approach the colder weather, our lips tend to get chapped a lot more easily. Me for one always have a problem with chapped lips especially in the cold weather. So taking some steps can help keep our lips moistured. One thing is to scrub your lips before applying lip balm. The one I like to use is from lush, and it has lasted for a while now. I have a jar from around April/May and its still not have way empty. So it is a good investment and tasty as they come in different flavors. So what I like to do while doing my makeup and use the lips scrub and wash it off with warm water and it makes them softer after using the scrub. Then Ill go ahead and apply lip balm and continue my makeup routine.
Stay Away From Hot Water
Taking frequent hot showers, or washing your face with hot water often, can take out the essential oils that our skin naturally produces. If this turn out to be then case, then you will always have dry skin, and dry skin and cold water is a uncomfortable. The best way to prevent this in the colder months is to use lukewarm water, stay hydrated, and make sure you moisturizer to keep your skin glowing and hydrated, which of course if always a good foundation before starting your makeup.
In the warmer months we don’t tend to go some much for bolder colors as apposed to the colder months. So smokey eyes are very trendy and if you don’t normally wear darker colors, this would be the perfect time to try it out.
Deep condition more often
Not only do our lips get dry due to the colder weather but our hair gets dry more frequently. So to keep our locks nice and moistured, try attempting to deep condition, once to twice a week depending on your hair type.
Bronzer is everyone’s Best Friend
In the cooler months, everyone loses their summer tan, and to help keep that glow, bronzer is keep, especially those who tend to have a more paler skin tone.
Let me know some of your routine changes when the weather starts getting colder out!
The MPW Insiders Network is an online community where the biggest names in business and beyond answer timely career and leadership questions. Today’s answer for: “What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in your career?” is written by Lizzie Widhelm, SVP of ad products and strategy at Pandora. Don’t you wish you could read a…
via How I Dealt With Being One of the Few Women at the Table — Fortune
Unsplash, Everton VilaEven though it’s over, I can still feel you here. When I close my eyes at night I can still feel your hands interlaced with mine and I swear I can feel your arms around me. I can still smell you in the air and I can still feel your heart beating. Even though it’s over, I…
It’s not what I usually post, but definitely think many can relate, especially those going through a rough break up. Everyone goes through break ups a bit differently and some take it harder then others That’s why I think I can relate so much I hate getting attach to someone and then have to let them go. Definitely a good read.
via Even Though It’s Over For You, It’s Not Over For Me — Thought Catalog